6 essential marketing strategies for any Start-up
When you are in the start-up stage, you are all about the testing stage, giving away tons of free content and services and collecting testimonials. In this stage, feedback to grow your business is more important than customers right now. This is the time to improve your brand, improve your services or product.
Today I want to talk to you about 6 things that are crucial for marketing your start-up:
- Number 1 is your why. if you want to inspire someone to take action, you must begin by explaining why you do what you do. Not what or how. This sounds easy but it’s hard to figure out. So for example, when I first starting talking about what I do, I said I was a marketing trainer. Which explains what I do, sure, but it doesn’t really entice people to hire me. I had to think about my why. Why am I here? Well, I’m here to help entrepreneurs and increase they leads and sales. So instead of saying I’m a marketing trainer, I now let people know that I help them increase their leads and sales. Because that is the transformation my students and clients are after. They don’t care I teach marketing, they care if I can help them grow their business.
A good book on this topic is called “Start with they why” by Simon sinek.
- Number two of course Is content. You are probably sick of hearing me talk about the importance of content, but it just is, I won’t stop talking about.
- These are downloadable PDFs, videos, podcast, and much more.
- Content marketing is the best starting point for any startup because it’s cheaper than ads and more effective than cold calling.
- You need to hold yourself accountable
- You need to be consistent
- Number three is Webinars. Maybe not all businesses can take part of this marketing tactic, but if it makes sense for your company and brand, you should take advantage of this now. In a 2018 study, it showed that buyers are willing to spend more time consuming a webinar than any other type of content. Webinars are still going strong in 2019 although some niches are starting to see a dip, so we’ll see how webinars do in 2020, but right now, they are still a hit so go do a webinar.
- Number four is Influencer marketing. This costs money, so if you have a healthy marketing budget, definitely check out influencer marketing. For Instagram, influencers with around 100,000 followers can charge around $1,000 for an Instagram post.
- Another good way to get leads in the door is paid ads. Again, the healthier the budget, the easier it is to get leads to you. Know where your market is and go there and place some ads. That could be LinkedIn, Google AdWords, or Facebook ads. A paid marketing channel that gets overlooked a lot is Reddit. If your audience is on Reddit, you should look into that. Reddit advertising works by running ads at the top of any subreddit of your choice. Each subreddit has a very distance community, so it pays to get involved in each one for a bit of time first before running ads.
- Finally number 6 is Mindset. The start-up stage of a business is hard. This is the stage where you are constantly second guessing and doubting yourself. Please know that this is normal. This is also the stage where you keep asking yourself if it would just be easier and better to get a corporate job again. Most people buckle in this stage and give up. But instead of buckling, in this stage we should be hustling and have grid and keep trying. I know it’s hard my friend, but I’m here with you and I can help you on the marketing front.
Ok guys, I’m going to leave with you with that. Go hustle but also don’t forget to do some self-care.
Talk to you next week.